Friday, July 18, 2014

The Hoveround Man

Now, you get it! Now you fully understand. Good for you, but you gotta leave me along Hoveround Man. Yes, the man I married has begun hovering around my house. I came out the other day and he was sitting under a tree a few doors down with a stupid look on his face. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I told this man he was going to miss me when I was gone. How many times I did all I could to help him, love him, be there for him. It was never good enough.

It is not my fault you were unable to make the necessary changes to stay in my life. I gave and worked. I did what I was supposed to do and learned what I did not know. You on the other hand, thought marriage was just for you. You loved the benefits, but could not reciprocate and now you want to hang around my door, ring my phone and talk about how much you miss me.

I have paid the price for trying to do the right thing with the wrong man. You no longer hold any part of my heart. You were able to completely shatter it. I have thoughts for you and they are of well-being. I want you to win, still, after all we've been through. You winning at something in life would be glorious.

Instead you continue on these selfish rampages, turning everyone around you away. Please tell me? What have you done to better the life of another? Be honest.

The day you can answer that question I may have fifteen minutes for you. You are not the man for me. Accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment