Monday, July 9, 2012

Year Anniversary

As of July 4th, my husband and I have been separated a year. It was a devastating blow to my ego and heart when I had to accept that I would no longer be able to maintain a marital relationship with the man I am legally married to. Separation was the only answer to the problem.

It has taken me a year to really be able to write about my feelings in a real way. I have been soft stepping around the issue because my heart was truly broken. It is true! Time does heal and I feel much better now.

In the movie, Adjustment Bureau, Matt Damon is being kept away from a woman he is destined to love. The reason they keep him away from her is because they want him to serve the greater good and if he gets with this woman, he will be content and would not want to pursue the political career being laid out for him.

More and more I am getting the impression that the same thing is happening in my life. Although, to me, there is no greater calling than being a wife and mother; I do believe God has more in store for me and freeing me from a marriage that would have required all my time and energy, once again, is not what God has in store for me. I had to let go and get out before I missed my blessing.

I am on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment