Wednesday, April 3, 2013

He Admitted the Truth

A year and a half after we were separated my husband called me and admitted he believes he is 80% responsible for the demise of our marriage. I didn't say a word. I listened closely as he spilled his guts.

"I don't regret much, but I do regret not doing right by you."

Took him all that time to accept responsibility for his actions. He also wondered out loud why it took him so long to recognize my worth. He answered his own question when he admitted to wanting immediate gratification. He accepted that is why he was unable to stay faithful, be loyal or hold our marriage in high regard. All he wanted to do was do what he wanted to do, no matter who he hurt.

His admission of the truth provided closure. If it wasn't for the reality of the matter, of the fact, I could easily forgot those years spent making an effort to be a wife to him. I must admit; it don't hurt now. I am like a new woman.

The truth really did set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment